A mapping of talents from Cataclysm to Mists of Pandaria (update - 2012/8/19)
There have been a few changes from the old (early beta) which I have attempted to cover here. For a full list of MoP hunter specialization abilities, go here: http://mop.wowhead.com/spells=-12.3
Cataclysm Beast Master talents (mapped to Mists of Pandaria)
- Improved Kill Command - Kill Command is a BM only specialization, so there's no need for a talent that will boost its damage for BM. They can just change the base damage/scaling.
- One with Nature - Gone. Aspect of the Hawk is a lot stronger in general though, having been changed from a flat AP boost to 10% AP increase
- Bestial Discipline - Gone. Was pet focus regen.
- Pathfinding - Now a major glyph (see glyph mapping post)
- Spirit Bond - Now a level 45 talent for any spec. Sort of. It's actually in two pieces, one of which is that talent and the other is the Glyph of Animal Bond (again, see glyph mapping post)
- Frenzy --> Frenzy BM specialization. Lasts 30 seconds up from 10. Each stack is 8% instead of 6%. NOTE: this talent has changed frequently in beta.
- Improved Mend Pet - Now a major glyph Glyph of Mend Pet (again, see glyph mapping post)
- Cobra Strikes --> Cobra Strikes BM specialization. No change.
- Fervor - Now a level 60 talent (that tier has a focus regen theme) for any spec, with a 30 second CD. It seems to change every iteration, but as of this post it is off the GCD. It also restores 50 focus over 10 seconds so you can adjust your rotation around a 30 second window of burst focus and focus regen. All pets now have the old Wild Hunt pet talent inherently, although it's a simpler double damage at double focus cost. There's never any reason to try to force the double cost; it's just there to help prevent focus capping your pet. That won't likely happen often anyway - pets rarely get above 50 focus without Fervor anyway.
- Focus Fire --> Focus Fire BM specialization. Restores 10 focus to the pet, up from 4. Increases ranged haste by 6% per stack, up from 3%. NOTE: This has been adjusted a lot lately in beta, so it's hardly static.
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera - Now a level 45 talent, slightly reworked. Instead of gradually reducing the CD from procs it has a flat CD reduction)
- Bestial Wrath --> Bestial Wrath BM specialization
- Ferocious Inspiration - Gone, as are all 3% damage buffs
- Kindred Spirits --> Kindred Spirits BM specialization, increases focus pool by 20, up from 10.
- Beast Within --> Beast Within BM specialization.
- Invigoration --> Invigoration BM specialization. Restores 20 focus, up from 6 and more importantly this is every pet attack, not just crits. Looks like BM is going to be swimming in focus.
- Beast Mastery --> Exotic Beast BM specialization. This really isn't a direct correlation. This lets you tame exotic pets, but pet talents are gone so there's obviously no benefit there. However, it does have the benefits of the old Longevity talent.
New BM specialization
- Beast Cleave - cleave for the pet, bringing needed AoE for the BM spec.
Cataclysm Marksmanship talents (mapped to Mists of Pandaria)
- Sic 'Em! - Gone
- Improved Steady Shot - renamed Steady Focus
- Careful Aim --> Careful Aim MM specialization
- Silencing Shot - Now a level 30 talent for any spec.
- Concussive Barrage --> Concussive Barrage MM specialization
- Piercing Shots --> Piercing Shots MM specialization
- Bombardment --> Bombardment MM specialization
- Trueshot Aura --> Trueshot Aura This is now a baseline specialization for all hunters.
- Termination - Gone
- Resistance is Futile - Gone
- Rapid Recuperation --> Rapid Recuperation MM specialization (Rapid Killing component removed)
- Master Marksman --> Master Marksman MM specialization
- Readiness - All hunters have this now! Works with everything except for Stampede
- Posthaste - Now a level 15 talent for any spec. Buffed!
- Marked for Death - Now a major glyph: Glyph of Marked for Death (see glyph mapping post)
Cataclysm Survival talents (mapped to Mists of Pandaria)
- Hunter vs Wild - Gone
- Pathing - Gone
- Improved Serpent Sting --> Improved Serpent Sting includes the Toxicology component too.
- Survival Tactics - Gone
- Trap Mastery --> Trap Mastery SV specialization
- Entrapment --> Entrapment SV specialization
- Point of No Escape - Now a major glyph: Glyph of No Escape (see glyph mapping post)
- Thrill of the Hunt - Now a level 60 talent for any spec although it behaves very differently. Lets you cast two arcane shots for free. This isn't as powerful as you might think, since arcane shot has a very low focus cost already - time is a more limiting resource here.
- Counterattack - Gone, finally.
- Lock and Load --> Lock and Load SV specialization. Bakes in T.N.T.
- Resourcefulness - Gone
- Mirrored Blades - Now a major glyph: Glyph of Mirrored Blades (see glyph mapping post)
- T.N.T. - baked into Lock and Load
- Toxicology - baked in to Improved Serpent Sting
- Wyvern Sting - Now a level 30 talent for any spec
- Noxious Stings - Gone. This means putting up serpent sting is way less important.
- Hunting Party - Gone.
- Black Arrow --> Black Arrow SV specialization. Now ticks 10 times over 20 seconds (every 2 seconds) to balance out the proc rate compared to explosive trap.
New SV specialization
- Viper Venom - Gives 3 focus for every serpent sting tick. Kind of a replacement for Toxicology or Noxious Stings.